Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Where I went wrong

I was trying to get to sleep but couldn't as I've realized something. I've gone very wrong in a few spots.


I've always valued that I would take the time to hear out every side in the debate, but in the last few years I've been more and more willing to silence people. My twitter feed used to look like this



HARPER IS LITERALLY EVIL AND HATES POOR PEOPLE

ABORTION IS MURDER AND IF YOU SUPPORT IT YOUR HANDS ARE BLOODY

ROB FORD HATES ANYONE WHO IS DIFFERENT



Now it looks like this



Here are some statistics regarding employment changes in Alberta over the last quarter

Here are some statistics regarding planned and real economic growth of income bands

Here are some statistics regarding how the 2016 election compares to 2012 in various counties



While it's certainly more interesting, It's occurred to me that I lost something; I lost my connection with everyday and real voters.

As such, I not only want to use this chance to apologize to those I've attacked and unfollowed, but to announce my plan to reach out to these people again and try to understand where they are coming from and why they say the things they do.


No comments:

Post a Comment