Thursday, March 3, 2016

I was right even though people said I was wrong

<Dabir> the leak got DMCA'd I see
<Erik> heh
<TheNewTeddy> really?
<Nitrous> .tell hufflaw https://i.imgur.com/2yZQj8M.png
* @Spacebee bips and bobs happily!
<Dabir> must have been within the last 15 minutes or so
<TheNewTeddy> there are still other places to download the code though? surly it's been mirrored widely by now
* Spacemarine9 (~spacemari@1388D0DC.D4827AA5.40E6AAA1.IP) has joined #goonstation
<Erik> n i c e.
* phart (~phart@synIRC-8A34F41D.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #goonstation
<TheNewTeddy> I'm concerned this could look very bad on us if it's not been done right
<Fogie> goonstation staff member TheNewTeddy
<Erik> ^
<TheNewTeddy> goonstation community member thenewteddy
<Fogie> you keep changing your declaration of how many coders are going to quit
<Supernorn> digital millenium rights act extraordinaire TheNewTeddy
<TheNewTeddy> huh
<Erik> hahahaha
<TheNewTeddy> I'm a politician. I've run for office before
<TheNewTeddy> I know that what it looks like is how people think it is
<@SpyGuy> No, you're a lazyman.
<@SpyGuy> You've run from office.
<Erik> LOL
<phart> well played spyguy
<TheNewTeddy> if the goonstation admins have said they'd release the code, and that official code has vanished under some excuse of a licence something, and, then they DMCA the leak, and get rid of all leak sources online, it will look like the admins lied about just about everything
<TheNewTeddy> perception trumps reality
<Fogie> otoh a fart coming from a butt
<Supernorn> admins lied, codebases died
<Supernorn> mods knew
<Erik> Supernorn the super litigious.
<Supernorn> my hourly rate is $400
<&Wire> goonstation dead 2016 rip
<@SpyGuy> <TheNewTeddy> if the goonstation admins have said they'd release the code, and that official code has vanished under some excuse of a licence something, and, then they DMCA the leak, and get rid of all leak sources online, it will look like the admins lied about just about everything
<phart> isnt ss13 literally 75% stealing code history-wise
<@SpyGuy> I have carefully analyzed this sentiment and I have reaced a conclusion.
<@SpyGuy> Reached, even.
<&Haine> not really phart
<Fogie> all those reddit and 4chan fans suddenly will turn on goonstation!!
<@SpyGuy> My conclusion is (  )  )=3



HOURS LATER


<~wonk> Urs
<~wonk> the dmca request went out before we decidd to release
<Urs> Oh
<~wonk> so it happened but after we said we wouldnt
<~wonk> so it looks bad


<TheNewTeddy> also I said this would look very bad - and everyone in IRC made fun of me. just wanted to point out I was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment