Thursday, June 16, 2016

Read

Sometimes things happen to me frequently that take a while to explain, and I don't like explaining it, at length, each time it happens. As such, this post explains these things, so if I've sent you here, please go to the proper section.

My computer froze

My computer sucks. I've tried to figure out what's wrong with it, but the best I've come up with is something is wrong with "the controller". See, for one minute at a time - always exactly one minute, 60 seconds - my computer will hang. I can still do RAM stuff, and my internet connection works, so, I can chat in a chat room for example, or continue to play a video game to a point. The problem is my computer utterly refuses to contact my hard drive. As such nothing new can load. This impacts internet browsing the most, new tabs refuse to open, pages refuse to load. When it starts the only thing I can do is wait. I know it's over because I suddenly hear my hard drive loading something, and pouf, the problem is solved, and any tabs I've tried to open load their content. This happens often while I'm watching a video, or playing a game, in the second monitor. This tells me it's somehow related to playing video, or using the GPU, but I've tried removing my graphics card and this still will happen. I've also tried being offline (and removing the card, and keeping the card in) and again, this still happens. Mortvert suggested my wire to my hard drive may be faulty, or the controller is faulty, and I'm leaning towards the latter; but I have no idea what a controller is. Either way. If I've sent you here because my computer froze its because I want you to know that this is what happens every time I say it froze, and that there is nothing I can do to speed it up, and that it will happen again, many times, in the future.

I'm Eating

Some people may have 3 or 4 hands, but I only have two. When I'm eating, I tend to use both these hands. I don't really eat one-handed food, and it's very very rare that I'll eat soup, or something else that I can just leave lying in the bowl/plate/whatever. As such, when I'm eating, I have both hands on the food. Add to this the fact that my entire apartment is the size of two jail cells. I don't have space for a kitchen table, and my computer desk is very small. So small in fact that I am unable to eat anything without moving my keyboard, as it otherwise takes up too much space in front of me. This means that I literally place my keyboard on top of my desktop case. I can still reach it to type if I have to, but I'm EATING! This is VERY inconvenient for me to type, and, get this, I WANT TO FINISH EATING MY FOOD!! I've had a few people be very insistent that I type to them while eating. This ain't gonna happen. "Don't bug me when I'm eating" is pretty much the first rule that roommates learn about me. If I've sent you here because I'm eating it means I want you to just hold your fucking horses and let me finish eating before I do whatever the hell it is you want from me.

Lying Down

I always feel strange, as though I'm the only person who does this, but I can't be. Sometimes, I get a bit tired. Not sleepy tired, just I need a break from the day tired. As such, I will go to my bed, and lie down. I won't turn down the lights, and I have no intention of going to sleep, I just need to physically lie down for maybe 2 minutes, 5, minutes 15 minutes. I just lie there, relaxing. I don't nap. I just need to literally lie down for a bit. Sometimes my allergies will dictate this, as lying down helps them not bother me so much. Either way, if I've sent you here because if this it means I was, or am about to lie down, and want to explain that no, I don't mean napping or sleeping, I do literally mean, I was physically lying down, that it will only take a few minutes, and that I come back after. The only exception to this is if I'm actually sleepy tired, in which case, I stop lying down, turn down the lights, go to the washroom, put in my earplugs, and go to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment