Friday, January 8, 2016

Refugees and Bus Passes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugees_of_the_Syrian_Civil_War

See my earlier post about Wikipedia always being right


Anyway, I have a hard time getting exciting about this tweet:

" 8 Dec 2015
We challenge all municipalities to making their communities a more inclusive. "
(picture explaining all refugees will get free bus passes for a year)


I've had to decide between a bus pass and food before. That's what happens when you are poor. These Refugees; the ones who get to "the west" are "the 1%" of the refugees.

So sorry, I have a hard time getting excited about this. I understand that, you know, getting fucking shot at is not the same as being forced to eat Mr. Noodles, but I highly doubt that any of the refugees arriving in Canada had that sort of financial situations before the bullets starting flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment